It is always shocking to me how the social networks we use day-in and day-out have such an unexpected user profile. I recently ran across updated demographics for the front-running social media networks curated by onlineMBA.com (of all places). I wanted to share some of the most shocking items from the infographic below with you.
- 66+% of adult online users are connected to one or more social media platform.
- There are now more than 845M active Facebook users. The average time spent on Facebook per visit is longer than 23 minutes.
- More than 80% of Facebook and Twitter users graduated from high school.
- 13% of online individuals use Twitter. The highest concentration of Pinterest users is around Mississippi, and Kentucky.
- 18% of Pinterest users are male (that many?!). The top audience interests on Digg are SEO and marketing.
Take a gander at the full infographic for more statistics and demographic information.